TURKEL DESIGN (Jan. 2018–Present)
Head of Content Strategy - Los Angeles, CA
· Lead and execute content, social media, email marketing, and events for a high-end architecture firm.
· Develop an extensive marketing campaign and content strategy for a Modernism Week Featured Home in Palm Springs, including crafting and executing a content calendar, creating and managing social media and video content, building collaborative marketing relationships with partners, and event planning.
· Manage and grow collaborative partnerships with numerous esteemed companies—including implementation into our Living Lab campaign, and multiple Modernism Week activation events.
· Develop a brand new website via the Squarespace platform (content, structure, messaging, copy, and visuals)—incorporating SEO strategy and analyzing Google Analytics in the search for qualified prospects.
· Lead and execute the company’s advertising strategy through both print and digital media—reporting on performance and using data to continuously hone in on our targeted clientele.
DWELL (Jan. 2016–Dec. 2017)
Senior Digital Content Manager - San Francisco / Los Angeles, CA
· In charge of building, managing, and executing the content strategy for a brand new web platform.
· Write digital stories and emails about design and lifestyle—and responsible for performance and growth.
· Collaborate with a small team to effectively distribute content throughout social and email channels.
· Create content commerce and inject revenue efforts into content strategy that are profitable and native.
· Work with brands to establish, develop, and implement beneficial content and media partnerships.
· Lead content marketing goals while writing, producing, and fulfilling branded stories and packages.
· Recruit and manage a team of contributors—assigning, editing, and launching 30 new stories per week.
HEARST DESIGN GROUP—ELLE DECOR, HOUSE BEAUTIFUL, & VERANDA (Dec. 2014–Jan. 2016)
Associate Market Editor - New York, NY
· Market editor for columns throughout all three titles focusing on trends, decorating, and products.
· Thoroughly covered the market to discover the newest, most unique products in home and fashion.
· Contributed extensively to special feature stories on interior designers, artisans, and shops.
· Acted as a stylist for products, textiles, and special shopping features throughout all titles.
COTTAGES & GARDENS PUBLICATIONS (Feb. 2014–Dec. 2014)
Associate Editor: NYC&G and HC&G - New York, NY
· Editor, curator, reporter, and writer for all market sections with a focus on products and design news.
· Worked with a small team to ideate, copy edit, and manage the entirety of each issue.
· Contributed and produced story ideas for columns and reported on designer show houses.
COUNTRY LIVING MAGAZINE (Feb. 2013–Feb. 2014)
Assistant Market Editor: Style & Markets Department - New York, NY
· Editor of a market section that provided “get-the-look” product pages and story sources.
· Assisted the Style Director in market research and production of feature home and cover shoots.
· Contributed story ideas, concepts, product pitches, and styling for multiple market sections.
MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA (May 2010–Feb. 2013)
Editorial Assistant: Style, Home, & Decorating - New York, NY
· Coordinated production of photo shoots including budgets, product loans, prop rentals, and assisting.
· Contributed to the integration of fashion by working with “tastemakers,” sourcing, and styling.
· Participated in creating other MSLO media including online/TV segments, app content, and craft fairs.
PAHINA'S ALOHA - Creator of Pahinas.com (Present)
· Launched an online shop and blog featuring a curated selection of vintage goods inspired by Hawaii.
UNIVERSITY OF IOWA FINE ARTS DEPT. - Dancer/Performer (2007–2009)
· Collaborated and performed with the Music, Theatre, & Dance Departments in creative showcases.
Cuny Hunter College (B.A. English — Graduated 2011) New York, NY
University of Iowa (B.A. Performing Arts — Transfer) Iowa City, IA
Design, fashion, architecture, surfing, ceramics, music, collecting