TURKEL DESIGN (Jan. 2018–Present)
Head of Content Strategy - Los Angeles, CA
DWELL (Jan. 2016–Dec. 2017)
Senior Digital Content Manager - San Francisco / Los Angeles, CA
· In charge of building, managing, and executing the content strategy for a brand new web platform.
· Write digital stories and emails about design and lifestyle—and responsible for performance and growth.
· Collaborate with a small team to effectively distribute content throughout social and email channels.
· Create content commerce and inject revenue efforts into content strategy that are profitable and native.
· Work with brands to establish, develop, and implement beneficial content and media partnerships.
· Lead content marketing goals while writing, producing, and fulfilling branded stories and packages.
· Recruit and manage a team of contributors—assigning, editing, and launching 30 new stories per week.
HEARST DESIGN GROUP—ELLE DECOR, HOUSE BEAUTIFUL, & VERANDA (Dec. 2014–Jan. 2016)
Associate Market Editor - New York, NY
· Market editor for columns throughout all three titles focusing on trends, decorating, and products.
· Thoroughly covered the market to discover the newest, most unique products in home and fashion.
· Contributed extensively to special feature stories on interior designers, artisans, and shops.
· Acted as a stylist for products, textiles, and special shopping features throughout all titles.
COTTAGES & GARDENS PUBLICATIONS (Feb. 2014–Dec. 2014)
Associate Editor: NYC&G and HC&G - New York, NY
· Editor, curator, reporter, and writer for all market sections with a focus on products and design news.
· Worked with a small team to ideate, copy edit, and manage the entirety of each issue.
· Contributed and produced story ideas for columns and reported on designer show houses.
COUNTRY LIVING MAGAZINE (Feb. 2013–Feb. 2014)
Assistant Market Editor: Style & Markets Department - New York, NY
· Editor of a market section that provided “get-the-look” product pages and story sources.
· Assisted the Style Director in market research and production of feature home and cover shoots.
· Contributed story ideas, concepts, product pitches, and styling for multiple market sections.
MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA (May 2010–Feb. 2013)
Editorial Assistant: Style, Home, & Decorating - New York, NY
· Coordinated production of photo shoots including budgets, product loans, prop rentals, and assisting.
· Contributed to the integration of fashion by working with “tastemakers,” sourcing, and styling.
· Participated in creating other MSLO media including online/TV segments, app content, and craft fairs.
PAHINA'S ALOHA - Creator of Pahinas.com (Present)
· Launched an online shop and blog featuring a curated selection of vintage goods inspired by Hawaii.
UNIVERSITY OF IOWA FINE ARTS DEPT. - Dancer/Performer (2007–2009)
· Collaborated and performed with the Music, Theatre, & Dance Departments in creative showcases.
Cuny Hunter College (B.A. English — Graduated 2011) New York, NY
University of Iowa (B.A. Performing Arts — Transfer) Iowa City, IA
Design, fashion, architecture, surfing, ceramics, music, collecting